TAYLOR SWIFT STYLE — 2019 BAFTAS
1. This last minute post became highly requested in part due to fan request for Taylor to support Joe at the BAFTAs once it became clear she likely would not be attending the Grammys.
2. Mid-panic, I realized as I put this post together that this was actually the quickest predictions post I’ve ever done. Why? Because I had so many picks from my Grammys research that didn’t make the cut. But don’t think of these as sloppy “leftovers”. The reason they didn’t hit Grammys standard is because these choices were, in my opinion, a bit too elegant and sophisticated for a music awards show (where typically more racy, bold, and “out there” styles come out to play). For an English awards show, though? They were perfect.
- Azzaro Spring 2019 Couture
A take on Taylor’s surprise long black gown at the Golden Globes that borrows some buttoned up vibes from a men’s suit. The allover sparkle is very much up Taylor’s alley, but the deep plunge and buttons accentuating the leg slit bring it into very mature, sultry territory.
- Christian Siriano Spring 2019
I would fall off the face of the planet if Tay wore this palest of pale lemony hues. That off-shoulder detail and elegant column gown silhouette? Kill me. I also deeply covet Look 65 from the collection but would Tay ever wear? Unlikely. Maybe Zendaya, though.
- Ralph & Russo Spring 2019 Couture
Yes. Another R&R pick. And yes I put it in the same spot as I did for the Grammys prediction. There were so many from this collection that I had a very hard time narrowing it down. I would have had this pegged for a future ACMs moment if Taylor ever returned to that awards show. Capes continue to still have a very big moment on the red carpet (they’re a surefire way to bring drama and sophistication). And what better way to debut one than in this heavenly mint colour that would look divine on Tay.
- Stephane Rolland Spring 2019 Couture
A beautiful blush moment. More tame, in my opinion, than my other selects. But beautiful nonetheless. If Taylor ever decided to become a Dior girl I could very much see her easily becoming a brand ambassador for them and fitting in very nicely with their nude/blush tulle gowns.
- Ralph Lauren Fall 2018
Moody, but so beautiful. I love the panels of deep velvets here. Given that if Tay attended the BAFTAs she would likely be looking to lay low and play more of a supporting role than anything, a quietly beautiful look like this would be very event (and not to mention seasonal) appropriate.
What do you think of my picks? Do you have a fave or any other personal fantasies?
Friendly Editor’s Reminder: Regardless of Taylor’s attendance to the Grammys or BAFTAs — predictions posts are meant to spark a fun dream discussion and conversation about Tay and faSHUN. Playing along, even in the face of sadness at her likely absence from any awards show, is always appreciated.