Taylor Swift Style – 2018 Gift Guide + A Request
Long-requested for … listen let’s not disclose for how long. Just that it has been for TOO LONG. But it is here. The time is NOW.
I’ve taken the time to round up some of Taylor’s favourites in fashion and beauty for yourself or the Swiftie in your life (mostly) for under $200.
These are a collection of brands Taylor has loved over the past eras (yes, I’ve broken them down by era, so you can easily shop your ~aesthetic) or has included in her Swiftmas boxes from way back in 2014 (and yes you’re all still asking about them).
Consider this my gift to you TSS-ers. Happy Holidays!
Note: You may need to disable adblocker to view on desktop. For mobile devices, use your web browser app of choice.
Note 2.0: The below post uses affiliate links. A lot of ‘em. It took approximately 3 days of work to pull the post together through brand research, widget curating, and graphic development, and I truly hope it’s of use to all of you. That said, if you click on any of the links below I will receive a small commission. Just thought ya should know. Thank you for supporting Taylor Swift Style!
Note 3.0: Speaking of support. I mentioned my potential for doing this on the questions blog a few months ago, but thought while I was fulfilling a long-time request of TSS-ers, it would be an appropriate time to ask for one of mine to be filled by you. If you have supported Taylor Swift Style for any length of time over the last seven years, in any format, I want to say thank you. And I also, humbly, want to ask a favour. If you feel strongly about TSS, to consider donating to my GoFundMe as an effort to crowdsource funds to assist in a huge change to Taylor Swift Style — its domain. Over, officially, to taylorswiftstyle.com. I hope you’ll consider it, but appreciate your eyeballs and time whether they’re given here on the blog, on TSSQ, on Instagram, on Twitter, or anywhere. Thank you! If you would like to donate, please check out the official GoFundMe here.
Now on with what you came here for.
- BCBG Max Azria sundress ($173) – A favourite brand of Taylor’s from this time for performance dresses.
- Jeffrey Campbell cowgirl boots ($179) – A pair of boots by Liberty Co. (Taylor’s go-to back in 2007) will run you about 10x as much as these cute ones by Jeffrey Campbell.
- Taylor Swift leather bracelet ($0.99, eBay) – A classic reference to her country days.
- 3/4″ Curling Wand ($36) – To replicate her signature bouncy ringlets.
- Charlotte Russe bustier floral mini dress ($22) – A very similar little number to the string of Rebecca Taylor and Amy Claire floral minis Taylor wore during this time.
- Modcloth retro heels ($69) – Taylor graduated from her cowgirl boots and ballet flats to heels in the Fearless era. Not nearly as tall in height as she would eventually go on to wear, but her first foray into truly owning her tallness (and also perhaps an ode to the spillover into pop music she was experiencing with the success of pop/country crossover “Love Story”).
- Ralph Lauren ruffle trim blazer ($185) – This was also Taylor’s likeliest era to wear schoolgirl-inspired outfits. Think blazers with cute feminine details such as the ruffles on this piece by Ralph Lauren paired with mini skirts and opaque tights or argyle socks.
- Ralph Lauren embroidered button down oxford shirt ($90) – Military details like the crest on this button down (which happens to be a mens but would work perfectly well if you size down) were also frequenters in Tay’s wardrobe during Fearless.
- Anthropologie slouchy tote bag ($88) – Before moving on to more structured bags by the likes of Dolce & Gabbana, Taylor loved a slouchy bag in dark-toned or fun leathers (brown, black, teal, mustard) with bohemian details such as fringe.
- Free People mini dress ($100) – Nothing says Speak Now quite like a flowy dress in a pastel purple.
- Free People headband ($128) – Speak Now Taylor loved herself a bejewelled headband moment — worn over her forehead, of course.
- Urban Outfitters knee high socks ($16) – For those chic schoolgirl moments.
- Modcloth oxford flats ($39) – For the very light beginnings of a retro touch. To pair with more preppy outfits. Full blown vintage to come very soon.
- Modcloth dress ($89) – Take your pick of fit-and-flare, tea-length dress. Retro details like peter pan collars, buttons, boning, polka dots, and ruffles are always approved. Especially if it’s in the colour red, of course.
- Ray-Ban classic wayfarers ($180) – Must be permanently attached to face at all times.
- High waisted shorts ($30) – In all colours, with or without buttons.
- Kate Spade cigarette pants ($178) – An Audrey Hepburn-approved silhouette.
- Cole Haan leather saddle bag ($108) – Taylor carried a lot of gorgeous brown leather saddle bags during this time period. Some by Ralph Lauren, others by Mark Cross. But always in a buttery cognac tone.
- Sam Edelman kitten heel pumps ($120) – Before skyrocketing up to 6″ heels for the next era, Taylor loved wearing cute, retro kitten heels with her midi-length skirts and dresses.
- Anthropologie suede loafers ($118) – But if not kitten heels, then a vintage-y pair of suede loafers would do just fine. Laced up oxford flats also work!
- Forever 21 crop top and skirt set ($39) – Easily the defining style of the 1989 Era. First debuted in this marled pink number in July 2014 — just a few months before 1989 dropped.
- Urban Outfitters printed romper ($39) – Taylor also had many adorable romper moments this era in fun prints like floral and check.
- Anthropologie hair pins ($18) – Taylor has always been a fan of girly hair accessories, whether a headband, floral moment, or high shine hair pins like these.
- Pared cat eye sunglasses ($125) – Though she always has, Taylor expanded from her signature Wayfarer silhouette to a more cat eye look.
- Roberto Cavalli blush bag ($399) – Sometimes a really beautiful bag is worth the splurge. Taylor carried around a soft nude/blush-toned bag by Tods for a lot of the 1989 Era. The good news is that this soft colour would work with most any outfit — maximum wear for the price.
- Steve Madden platform heels ($45) – Taylor of course favoured 6″ Louboutins during this time, but you can get the same teetering skyscraper effect in these platforms.
- Bishop + Young distressed sweater ($25) – From the moment Taylor debuted the reputation album cover, it was obvious that distressing and a much harder, rough aesthetic would welcome us into the rep era.
- Nordstrom camo joggers ($29) – Camo is always a good thing.
- Urban Outfitters snake earring ($16) – Anything snake goes.
- Ksubi distressed denim shorts ($76) – Never has Taylor worn so much denim in one era. She preferred a distressed detail, naturally. Bonus: These are Taylor’s exact Ksubi shorts she has worn and loved this past era. Almost 50% off!
- Nordstrom combat ankle boots ($30) – This era Tay has loved a good, sturdy combat boot both for appearances and for stage.
- H&M thigh high boots ($59) – For the #fierceness.
By far the most requested thing I have ever been requested since things have been requested. A round up of all the items that Taylor included in her Famous Swiftmas Boxes of 2014. All in one convenient place. Plus a few extras from the past era.
Merry Christmas, TSS-ers. <3
- Bobbi Brown ‘Shimmer Brick Compact in Bronze’ – $48.00
- Giorgio Armani ‘Luminous Silk Foundation’ – $64.00
– A cult celebrity favourite.
- Jurlique ‘Lavender Hydrating Mist’ – $39.50
- Chanel ‘Le Lift Firming Anti-Wrinkle Creme’ – $105.00
- Kate Somerville ‘Nourish Daily Moisturizer’ – $65.00
- Kate Somerville ’Somerville360 Tanning Towelettes’ – $32.00
– For tanned red carpet legs.
- Jao ‘Goe Oil’ – $49.00
– For shiny red carpet legs. 😉
- MAC ‘Liquid Eye Liner’ – $21.00
- Too Faced ‘Better Than Sex Mascara’ – $24.00
– The mascara I have never tried but have consistently heard about.
- Maybelline ‘Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner’ – $7.99
- CoverGirl ‘LashBlast Volume Mascara in Very Black’ – $8.99
- NARS ‘Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg’ – $27.00
- NARS ‘Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl’ – $22.95 (on sale)
– The #1 forever.
- Covergirl ‘Lip Perfection Lipstick’ in ‘Hot’, ‘Flame’, and ‘Burn’ – $19.99 (Amazon)
- MAKE UP FOR EVER ‘Rouge Artist Natural in Griotte Red’ – $22.00
- MAC ‘Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolour in Back In Vogue’ – $21.00
- Pat McGrath ‘Lust 004 Kit in Vermillion Venom’ – $280.00 (Amazon)
- Anastasia ‘Liquid Lipstick in Sad Girl’ – $20.00
- Tom Ford ‘Santal Blush’ – $235.00
– Taylor’s go to by Tom Ford. The number one reason she smells so damn good all the time. According to many. In a non-creepy way.
- Tom Ford ‘Tobacco Vanille’ – $235.00
– Want to give the scent a try first? Opt for a 10ml tester for $50.
- Givenchy ‘Hot Couture’ – $102.00
– A perennial floral classic.
- La Prairie ‘Midnight Rain’ – $135.00 (sold out)
– An older scent of Taylor’s. No longer available, but wanted to make note of.